Discover Plastics: International Campaign Unveiled
Flexibility, longevity, performance, strength: all made possible by plastic pipes
A major multinational awareness campaign, championing the suitability of plastic pipe systems for subterranean sewer applications, has been launched to inform and inspire the civil engineering and utilities sectors. Discover: Plastics celebrates the flexibility, longevity and strength of plastic pipes – as well as their ease and speed of installation – drawing on more than 20 years of independent research.
Curated by TEPPFA, the European Plastic Pipes and Fittings Association and in partnership with 4 National Associations, Discover: Plastics drives awareness of the natural suitability of plastic pipes for sewer and stormwater applications. It also shines a light on real-life case studies from across Europe, showcasing how plastic pipe systems have been successfully deployed in many challenging situations, and are continuing to function decades after their installation.
At the centre of the campaign is a dedicated knowledge hub – a specialist microsite – which brings together the results of multiple wide-ranging studies into the performance and behaviour of plastic pipes when used for sewers. These studies include the 100 Year Service Life of Gravity Sewer Pipes report, which investigated the effects of traffic loading and strain, corrosion and other factors on plastic pipes in both field conditions and laboratory testing. Independently reviewed by an expert from the world of academia, the project proved that a 100 year in-service lifetime could be confidently predicted for EN-compliant plastic pipes.
Floris Bordewijk in his capacity as Chairman of the Applications Group Civils at TEPPFA explained: “Following an intensive piece of market research which revealed the most important considerations that specifiers take into account, TEPPFA has collated the results of many years of investigation and study to create Discover: Plastics. For decades, we have invested substantially in excavating existing systems to assess their longevity; undertaking controlled lab research to quantify the benefits of flexibility; and subjected plastic pipes to continual hours of strength testing. In addition, we have enlisted the expertise of many independent bodies who have provided verification for our work.”
“We know civil engineers are passionate about the quality of their designs, and by collating this wide range of compelling evidence, we can demonstrate that plastics display all the qualities required of a long-lasting sewer pipe system.”
Ludo Debever, General Manager of TEPPFA and also Chairman of the TEPPFA Working Group Communications commented: “Over the past decades TEPPFA, together with its members, has carried out an enormous amount of research into below-ground plastic pipes. In spite of the fact that the research showed plastic pipes outperformed traditional materials in many fields such as longevity, strength, flexibility and ease and speed of installation, our members are often confronted with misconceptions on the performance of plastic pipes among specifiers and civil engineers. The campaign is therefore aimed at setting the record straight on plastic and at enabling specifiers and civil engineers to better understand the benefits of plastics as a valuable material for pipes.”
The campaign comes to life at:
United Kingdom: www.discover-plasticpipes/UK
Aboneaza-te la newsletter-ul InstalNews
Fii la curent cu toate noutatile, schimbarile, promotiile si evenimentele din lumea instalatiilor.Ma abonez
DIN ACEEASI CATEGORIE
RENEXPO Poland 2017 - the seventh edition of the largest trade fair in Poland devoted to renewable sources of energy is approachingOctober, 2017 - The seventh edition of the RENEXPO® Poland 2017 trade fair will be held between October 25 and 27 in the Warsaw EXPO XXI Center. The event is organized by REECO Poland... » mai mult
- September, 2017 - Expobiomasa 2017 is set to bring together over 600 companies from 30 countries in an area of 34,000 m2, 30% more than in the previous edition... » mai mult
- August, 2017 - GF Automotive, a division of GF, announces the acquisition of Eucasting Ro SRL, a high pressure aluminum die casting specialist... » mai mult
- August, 2017 - On September 6th, VdS celebrates the 10th year of its presence in Asia with the “First International Fire Safety and Security Forum in China”... » mai mult
- August, 2017 - An excellent Smart Heating solution: Danfoss Link™ is one of the winners of the German Brand Award 2017. At a gala ceremony at the German Historical Museum in Berlin... » mai mult
- August, 2017 - The broader adoption of electric vehicles, and their charging infrastructure, will represent a boost for European copper material producers and European vehicle manufacturers... » mai mult
Denmark hosts the EUBCE 2018 - 26th European Biomass Conference and Exhibition, from 14 to 18 May 2018August, 2017 - Biomass utilisation for multitude of products continues to grow in the rapidly developing bioeconomy. This growth brings many new challenges... » mai mult
- August, 2017 - Available projects on water management in Montenegro are going to be main subject of the B2B conference on 13th – 14th of September in City of Niksic... » mai mult
- August, 2017 - The Eastern European Hydropower Forum will offer Eastern European Associations and companies their own platform... » mai mult
- July, 2017 - In September 2017, export-oriented companies from the global plastics and rubber industry will be able to explore some interesting markets... » mai mult