ENGIE acquires EV-Box, the largest European electric vehicle charging player
ENGIE announces the acquisition of EV-Box. The Netherlands-based company is one of the world`s leading electric vehicle charging services providers with over 40,000 charging stations in service.
Electric mobility: a global fast-growing clean energy opportunity for ENGIE
The electric vehicle market is growing rapidly as costs come down, performance improves and an attractive new choice of vehicles comes to the market. This sector represents a natural growth opportunity for ENGIE in line with our strategy to develop new, high-growth, innovative businesses in the decentralized, decarbonized and digital energy space. By combining ENGIE`s global presence and energy capabilities with EV-Box`s leading technology and thought leadership in the electric vehicle charging market, ENGIE will be in a unique position to offer customers in all segments, across the globe, innovative, attractive and comprehensive electric vehicle charging and related energy services. The acquisition of EV-Box is an acceleration of ENGIE`s strategy as an energy revolution pioneer.
EV-Box has already demonstrated the commercial success and quality of their solutions by deploying more than 40,000 charging stations across 20 countries. Thanks to this combination, ENGIE intends to be a major global player in this space facilitating the development of clean mobility for its customers, while providing the essential energy solutions to manage the energy needs of electric vehicle charging for customer sites and the electricity network.
“ENGIE views EV-Box`s acquisition as a strategic step towards a completely new energy paradigm the world is shifting towards. It`s also ENGIE`s first major investment in one of our high-growth strategic priority areas. ENGIE and EV-Box share a common vision for electric mobility and a conviction that combining our capabilities provides a rare opportunity to create a global, leading electric vehicle charging player uniquely positioned to offer customers very attractive charging and energy solutions” said Thierry Lepercq – Executive Vice-President Research, Technologies & Innovation at ENGIE.
EV-Box: a leading electric charging player
EV-Box has been developing and selling electric vehicle charging solutions since 2010 and has already established its market leadership in its home country. The company sells charging stations, charging management software and services to business, public sector and residential customers and has developed a reputation for market-leading quality and innovation. EV-Box has recently started extending its geographical reach into Belgium, France, Scandinavia, Germany, the UK and the USA, while still reaching over 20 countries through a strong base of partners. EV-Box will continue to operate autonomously with all its entrepreneurship.
“EV-Box has experienced rapid growth recently following the investment by Gilde Equity Management in 2014. We moved headquarters to Amsterdam, grew the team from 18 to over 65 employees and expanded into 10 new countries in little over two years. We re-designed the product`s architecture and created a best-in-class charging solution that is scalable and able to be deployed anywhere in the world. With the development of a new generation of charging solutions and software as well as with the backing of ENGIE, we have all the ingredients to claim a worldwide leading position and bring our solution to millions of customers.” said Kristof Vereenooghe, CEO at EV-Box.
Green mobility at ENGIE
ENGIE considers transportation as one major development focus. Transportation is responsible for 23% of CO2 emissions in the world (and even 30% in Europe); 95% of the energy consumed by this sector comes from oil. Today, the transformation to a mobility that is less CO2 emitting, less polluting, and more fluid is essential, particularly in cities where three out of every four persons will live by the year 2050. To meet this challenge, ENGIE is developing urban planning advisory activities, solutions for public transport (electrification, signal system installations, service optimization), alternative fuels (including electric mobility and natural gas) and digital platforms to improve traffic fluidity.
Aboneaza-te la newsletter-ul InstalNews
Fii la curent cu toate noutatile, schimbarile, promotiile si evenimentele din lumea instalatiilor.Ma abonez
DIN ACEEASI CATEGORIE
- June, 2017 - Microsoft and Tenova launched an integrated system enabled by industry 4.0 technologies to promote digital transformation in the iron and steel industry and increase competitiveness... » mai mult
- June, 2017 - Internationalization as a strategic asset has been constantly one of the strengths of MCE that for this year`s edition has set up a new promotion project, Country Partner, choosing India as a special guest... » mai mult
- June, 2017 - Three days of packed halls and high spirits among exhibitors and visitors: Intersolar Europe, the world`s leading exhibition for the solar industry and its partners, drew to a successful close... » mai mult
- June, 2017 - Two European Directives and their accompanying regulations have introduced new minimum requirements for heating appliances, as well as a label to inform about their performances. This article presents these requirements and the foreseen label in respect to electrical heat pumps... » mai mult
- June, 2017 - The biomass sector is gradually colonising the heating sector in Spain, but at a slower pace than predicted a few years ago. Overall, the Biomass Observatory indicates that... » mai mult
- May, 2017 - The international summit and exhibition “Hydropower Balkans 2017” (15-17 November 2017 Montenegro, Podgorica) - is a professional platform, bringing together chief ministers, major investors, decision-makers... » mai mult
- May, 2017 - When finished in 2018 the new manufacturing facility will produce a comprehensive range of products, including high-density materials and elastomeric insulation for heating, ventilation and air-conditioning systems... » mai mult
- May, 2017 - Waste water and Drinking water in Bosnia and Herzegovina are going to be main subject of the “Business to Business” (B2B) conference Wednesday, 7th of June 2017 in Bijeljina organized by Resenva Consulting doo from Novi Sad and the City of Bijeljina... » mai mult
- May, 2017 - German Chancellor Dr. Angela Merkel and Tarek Al-Wazir, Minister of Economics, Energy, Transportation and Regional Development of the state of Hesse, both attended the inauguration of the Viessmann Innovation Center (“Technikum”)... » mai mult
- May, 2017 - Making the benefits of digitalization tangible - that was the declared objective of HANNOVER MESSE 2017. After five action-packed days at the world`s leading trade fair... » mai mult