ENGIE acquires EV-Box, the largest European electric vehicle charging player
ENGIE announces the acquisition of EV-Box. The Netherlands-based company is one of the world`s leading electric vehicle charging services providers with over 40,000 charging stations in service.
Electric mobility: a global fast-growing clean energy opportunity for ENGIE
The electric vehicle market is growing rapidly as costs come down, performance improves and an attractive new choice of vehicles comes to the market. This sector represents a natural growth opportunity for ENGIE in line with our strategy to develop new, high-growth, innovative businesses in the decentralized, decarbonized and digital energy space. By combining ENGIE`s global presence and energy capabilities with EV-Box`s leading technology and thought leadership in the electric vehicle charging market, ENGIE will be in a unique position to offer customers in all segments, across the globe, innovative, attractive and comprehensive electric vehicle charging and related energy services. The acquisition of EV-Box is an acceleration of ENGIE`s strategy as an energy revolution pioneer.
EV-Box has already demonstrated the commercial success and quality of their solutions by deploying more than 40,000 charging stations across 20 countries. Thanks to this combination, ENGIE intends to be a major global player in this space facilitating the development of clean mobility for its customers, while providing the essential energy solutions to manage the energy needs of electric vehicle charging for customer sites and the electricity network.
“ENGIE views EV-Box`s acquisition as a strategic step towards a completely new energy paradigm the world is shifting towards. It`s also ENGIE`s first major investment in one of our high-growth strategic priority areas. ENGIE and EV-Box share a common vision for electric mobility and a conviction that combining our capabilities provides a rare opportunity to create a global, leading electric vehicle charging player uniquely positioned to offer customers very attractive charging and energy solutions” said Thierry Lepercq – Executive Vice-President Research, Technologies & Innovation at ENGIE.
EV-Box: a leading electric charging player
EV-Box has been developing and selling electric vehicle charging solutions since 2010 and has already established its market leadership in its home country. The company sells charging stations, charging management software and services to business, public sector and residential customers and has developed a reputation for market-leading quality and innovation. EV-Box has recently started extending its geographical reach into Belgium, France, Scandinavia, Germany, the UK and the USA, while still reaching over 20 countries through a strong base of partners. EV-Box will continue to operate autonomously with all its entrepreneurship.
“EV-Box has experienced rapid growth recently following the investment by Gilde Equity Management in 2014. We moved headquarters to Amsterdam, grew the team from 18 to over 65 employees and expanded into 10 new countries in little over two years. We re-designed the product`s architecture and created a best-in-class charging solution that is scalable and able to be deployed anywhere in the world. With the development of a new generation of charging solutions and software as well as with the backing of ENGIE, we have all the ingredients to claim a worldwide leading position and bring our solution to millions of customers.” said Kristof Vereenooghe, CEO at EV-Box.
Green mobility at ENGIE
ENGIE considers transportation as one major development focus. Transportation is responsible for 23% of CO2 emissions in the world (and even 30% in Europe); 95% of the energy consumed by this sector comes from oil. Today, the transformation to a mobility that is less CO2 emitting, less polluting, and more fluid is essential, particularly in cities where three out of every four persons will live by the year 2050. To meet this challenge, ENGIE is developing urban planning advisory activities, solutions for public transport (electrification, signal system installations, service optimization), alternative fuels (including electric mobility and natural gas) and digital platforms to improve traffic fluidity.
Aboneaza-te la newsletter-ul InstalNews
Fii la curent cu toate noutatile, schimbarile, promotiile si evenimentele din lumea instalatiilor.Ma abonez
DIN ACEEASI CATEGORIE
- March, 2017 - ISH, the world`s leading trade fair for the combination of water and energy, has once again demonstrated its significance for visitors and exhibitors. 2,482 exhibitors (Germany: 889, international: 1,593) from 61 countries... » mai mult
- Pforzheim/Freiburg/Dubai, March 13, 2017 - In many of the sun-blessed countries in the Middle East, solar energy generation is at the top of the energy agenda. The Intersolar Middle East conference 2017 in Dubai (United Arab Emirates) pays tribute to this fact... » mai mult
- March, 2017 - On 8 March 2017 the groundbreaking ceremony of the new innovation and production center of GF Machining Solutions, a division of GF, took place in Bözingenfeld in Biel (Switzerland). The modern facility will be completed by the end of 2018... » mai mult
- March, 2017 - The presence of all major robot brands makes Industrial Automation the robotics hotspot of the year. Cobots and mobile systems are among the stars... » mai mult
- March, 2017 - A new trade show dedicated to biomass heating systems, co-located with MCE - MOSTRA CONVEGNO EXPOCOMFORT, the biennial exhibition for residential and industrial installations, HVAC and renewable energies scheduled for 13 - 16 March 2018 at Fiera Milano... » mai mult
- 14 February 2017 - An analysis by the Buildings Performance Institute Europe (BPIE) on the readiness of EU countries to transition to smart buildings concludes that no Member State is fully prepared to take advantage of the benefits that smart building technologies will entail... » mai mult
Technology from 23 countries swells the ranks of exhibitors at Expobiomasa 2017, set to become a four-day event for the first time everFebruary, 2017 - Discounts and benefits for exhibitors and professional visitors until 31st March... » mai mult
- February, 2016 - The exhibitions organized by the REECO Group are respected professional events during which innovative products and issues from the branch of photovoltaics are represented... » mai mult
- January, 2017 - The VdS-FireSafety on December 7th and 8th brought over 2,600 ex-perts from 18 countries to the Cologne Exhibition Centre – 30% more than last year... » mai mult
- January, 2017 - Joining us in Bucharest, architect Luke Lowings, founder of Carpenter|Lowings Architecture and Design will share with the audience, the philosophy behind his successful career weaving the appreciation of light... » mai mult