ENGIE acquires EV-Box, the largest European electric vehicle charging player
ENGIE announces the acquisition of EV-Box. The Netherlands-based company is one of the world`s leading electric vehicle charging services providers with over 40,000 charging stations in service.
Electric mobility: a global fast-growing clean energy opportunity for ENGIE
The electric vehicle market is growing rapidly as costs come down, performance improves and an attractive new choice of vehicles comes to the market. This sector represents a natural growth opportunity for ENGIE in line with our strategy to develop new, high-growth, innovative businesses in the decentralized, decarbonized and digital energy space. By combining ENGIE`s global presence and energy capabilities with EV-Box`s leading technology and thought leadership in the electric vehicle charging market, ENGIE will be in a unique position to offer customers in all segments, across the globe, innovative, attractive and comprehensive electric vehicle charging and related energy services. The acquisition of EV-Box is an acceleration of ENGIE`s strategy as an energy revolution pioneer.
EV-Box has already demonstrated the commercial success and quality of their solutions by deploying more than 40,000 charging stations across 20 countries. Thanks to this combination, ENGIE intends to be a major global player in this space facilitating the development of clean mobility for its customers, while providing the essential energy solutions to manage the energy needs of electric vehicle charging for customer sites and the electricity network.
“ENGIE views EV-Box`s acquisition as a strategic step towards a completely new energy paradigm the world is shifting towards. It`s also ENGIE`s first major investment in one of our high-growth strategic priority areas. ENGIE and EV-Box share a common vision for electric mobility and a conviction that combining our capabilities provides a rare opportunity to create a global, leading electric vehicle charging player uniquely positioned to offer customers very attractive charging and energy solutions” said Thierry Lepercq – Executive Vice-President Research, Technologies & Innovation at ENGIE.
EV-Box: a leading electric charging player
EV-Box has been developing and selling electric vehicle charging solutions since 2010 and has already established its market leadership in its home country. The company sells charging stations, charging management software and services to business, public sector and residential customers and has developed a reputation for market-leading quality and innovation. EV-Box has recently started extending its geographical reach into Belgium, France, Scandinavia, Germany, the UK and the USA, while still reaching over 20 countries through a strong base of partners. EV-Box will continue to operate autonomously with all its entrepreneurship.
“EV-Box has experienced rapid growth recently following the investment by Gilde Equity Management in 2014. We moved headquarters to Amsterdam, grew the team from 18 to over 65 employees and expanded into 10 new countries in little over two years. We re-designed the product`s architecture and created a best-in-class charging solution that is scalable and able to be deployed anywhere in the world. With the development of a new generation of charging solutions and software as well as with the backing of ENGIE, we have all the ingredients to claim a worldwide leading position and bring our solution to millions of customers.” said Kristof Vereenooghe, CEO at EV-Box.
Green mobility at ENGIE
ENGIE considers transportation as one major development focus. Transportation is responsible for 23% of CO2 emissions in the world (and even 30% in Europe); 95% of the energy consumed by this sector comes from oil. Today, the transformation to a mobility that is less CO2 emitting, less polluting, and more fluid is essential, particularly in cities where three out of every four persons will live by the year 2050. To meet this challenge, ENGIE is developing urban planning advisory activities, solutions for public transport (electrification, signal system installations, service optimization), alternative fuels (including electric mobility and natural gas) and digital platforms to improve traffic fluidity.
Aboneaza-te la newsletter-ul InstalNews
Fii la curent cu toate noutatile, schimbarile, promotiile si evenimentele din lumea instalatiilor.Ma abonez
DIN ACEEASI CATEGORIE
RENEXPO Poland 2017 - the seventh edition of the largest trade fair in Poland devoted to renewable sources of energy is approachingOctober, 2017 - The seventh edition of the RENEXPO® Poland 2017 trade fair will be held between October 25 and 27 in the Warsaw EXPO XXI Center. The event is organized by REECO Poland... » mai mult
- September, 2017 - A major multinational awareness campaign, championing the suitability of plastic pipe systems for subterranean sewer applications, has been launched to inform and inspire the civil engineering and utilities sectors... » mai mult
- September, 2017 - Expobiomasa 2017 is set to bring together over 600 companies from 30 countries in an area of 34,000 m2, 30% more than in the previous edition... » mai mult
- August, 2017 - GF Automotive, a division of GF, announces the acquisition of Eucasting Ro SRL, a high pressure aluminum die casting specialist... » mai mult
- August, 2017 - On September 6th, VdS celebrates the 10th year of its presence in Asia with the “First International Fire Safety and Security Forum in China”... » mai mult
- August, 2017 - An excellent Smart Heating solution: Danfoss Link™ is one of the winners of the German Brand Award 2017. At a gala ceremony at the German Historical Museum in Berlin... » mai mult
- August, 2017 - The broader adoption of electric vehicles, and their charging infrastructure, will represent a boost for European copper material producers and European vehicle manufacturers... » mai mult
Denmark hosts the EUBCE 2018 - 26th European Biomass Conference and Exhibition, from 14 to 18 May 2018August, 2017 - Biomass utilisation for multitude of products continues to grow in the rapidly developing bioeconomy. This growth brings many new challenges... » mai mult
- August, 2017 - Available projects on water management in Montenegro are going to be main subject of the B2B conference on 13th – 14th of September in City of Niksic... » mai mult
- August, 2017 - The Eastern European Hydropower Forum will offer Eastern European Associations and companies their own platform... » mai mult