Groundbreaking ceremony for the new innovation and production center in Biel
On 8 March 2017 the groundbreaking ceremony of the new innovation and production center of GF Machining Solutions, a division of GF, took place in Bözingenfeld in Biel (Switzerland). The modern facility will be completed by the end of 2018.
On an area of around 24.500 m2, GF Machining Solutions will build a state-of-the-art production plant to manufacture machine tools and spindles. The new facility will include a cutting-edge research & development center as well as a modern application center. The three existing GF Machining Solutions sites Nidau, Ipsach and Luterbach (all in Switzerland) will be concentrated under the roof of the new building, which will provide space for a total of approx. 450 attractive working places. Responsible for the development and construction of the plant is the total services contractor HRS Real Estate AG.
In the presence of Christoph Ammann, member of the government council, Erich Fehr, major of the city of Biel, Martin Kull, CEO and owner of HRS Real Estate AG, and Pascal Boillat, Head of GF Machining Solutions and its management, together with all project participants, celebrated the start of construction in a groundbreaking ceremony.
Yves Serra, CEO of GF, commented on the event: “This substantial investment underscores the commitment of GF to Switzerland as an attractive business location. Besides allowing us to bring together all milling production activities in a state of the art plant, the new facility will provide the most modern innovation environment able to attract the best engineering talents.” Overall, GF is investing about CHF 80 million in the new plant over the next three years.
GF Machining Solutions provides machine tools, automation solutions and customer services for the production of molds, dies and high value-added metal parts. The division has manufacturing facilities in Switzerland, Sweden and China, and serves its customers in more than 50 countries.
Aboneaza-te la newsletter-ul InstalNews
Fii la curent cu toate noutatile, schimbarile, promotiile si evenimentele din lumea instalatiilor.Ma abonez
DIN ACEEASI CATEGORIE
- March, 2017 - ISH, the world`s leading trade fair for the combination of water and energy, has once again demonstrated its significance for visitors and exhibitors. 2,482 exhibitors (Germany: 889, international: 1,593) from 61 countries... » mai mult
- Pforzheim/Freiburg/Dubai, March 13, 2017 - In many of the sun-blessed countries in the Middle East, solar energy generation is at the top of the energy agenda. The Intersolar Middle East conference 2017 in Dubai (United Arab Emirates) pays tribute to this fact... » mai mult
- March, 2017 - ENGIE announces the acquisition of EV-Box. The Netherlands-based company is one of the world`s leading electric vehicle charging services providers with over 40,000 charging stations in service... » mai mult
- March, 2017 - The presence of all major robot brands makes Industrial Automation the robotics hotspot of the year. Cobots and mobile systems are among the stars... » mai mult
- March, 2017 - A new trade show dedicated to biomass heating systems, co-located with MCE - MOSTRA CONVEGNO EXPOCOMFORT, the biennial exhibition for residential and industrial installations, HVAC and renewable energies scheduled for 13 - 16 March 2018 at Fiera Milano... » mai mult
- 14 February 2017 - An analysis by the Buildings Performance Institute Europe (BPIE) on the readiness of EU countries to transition to smart buildings concludes that no Member State is fully prepared to take advantage of the benefits that smart building technologies will entail... » mai mult
Technology from 23 countries swells the ranks of exhibitors at Expobiomasa 2017, set to become a four-day event for the first time everFebruary, 2017 - Discounts and benefits for exhibitors and professional visitors until 31st March... » mai mult
- February, 2016 - The exhibitions organized by the REECO Group are respected professional events during which innovative products and issues from the branch of photovoltaics are represented... » mai mult
- January, 2017 - The VdS-FireSafety on December 7th and 8th brought over 2,600 ex-perts from 18 countries to the Cologne Exhibition Centre – 30% more than last year... » mai mult
- January, 2017 - Joining us in Bucharest, architect Luke Lowings, founder of Carpenter|Lowings Architecture and Design will share with the audience, the philosophy behind his successful career weaving the appreciation of light... » mai mult