Groundbreaking ceremony for the new innovation and production center in Biel
On 8 March 2017 the groundbreaking ceremony of the new innovation and production center of GF Machining Solutions, a division of GF, took place in Bözingenfeld in Biel (Switzerland). The modern facility will be completed by the end of 2018.
On an area of around 24.500 m2, GF Machining Solutions will build a state-of-the-art production plant to manufacture machine tools and spindles. The new facility will include a cutting-edge research & development center as well as a modern application center. The three existing GF Machining Solutions sites Nidau, Ipsach and Luterbach (all in Switzerland) will be concentrated under the roof of the new building, which will provide space for a total of approx. 450 attractive working places. Responsible for the development and construction of the plant is the total services contractor HRS Real Estate AG.
In the presence of Christoph Ammann, member of the government council, Erich Fehr, major of the city of Biel, Martin Kull, CEO and owner of HRS Real Estate AG, and Pascal Boillat, Head of GF Machining Solutions and its management, together with all project participants, celebrated the start of construction in a groundbreaking ceremony.
Yves Serra, CEO of GF, commented on the event: “This substantial investment underscores the commitment of GF to Switzerland as an attractive business location. Besides allowing us to bring together all milling production activities in a state of the art plant, the new facility will provide the most modern innovation environment able to attract the best engineering talents.” Overall, GF is investing about CHF 80 million in the new plant over the next three years.
GF Machining Solutions provides machine tools, automation solutions and customer services for the production of molds, dies and high value-added metal parts. The division has manufacturing facilities in Switzerland, Sweden and China, and serves its customers in more than 50 countries.
Aboneaza-te la newsletter-ul InstalNews
Fii la curent cu toate noutatile, schimbarile, promotiile si evenimentele din lumea instalatiilor.Ma abonez
DIN ACEEASI CATEGORIE
- May, 2017 - Waste water and Drinking water in Bosnia and Herzegovina are going to be main subject of the “Business to Business” (B2B) conference Wednesday, 7th of June 2017 in Bijeljina organized by Resenva Consulting doo from Novi Sad and the City of Bijeljina... » mai mult
- May, 2017 - German Chancellor Dr. Angela Merkel and Tarek Al-Wazir, Minister of Economics, Energy, Transportation and Regional Development of the state of Hesse, both attended the inauguration of the Viessmann Innovation Center (“Technikum”)... » mai mult
- May, 2017 - Making the benefits of digitalization tangible - that was the declared objective of HANNOVER MESSE 2017. After five action-packed days at the world`s leading trade fair... » mai mult
- May, 2017 - The publication - the first of its kind - shows how different water management choices, as well as other factors such as waste management, climate change and even our food preferences, affect the long-term sustainability of water use in our cities... » mai mult
- May, 2017 - The promotional roadshow of MCE - MOSTRA CONVEGNO EXPOCOMFORT 2018 will be touring those countries that are likely to have a positive impact on business for growth the entire supply chain represented at MCE... » mai mult
The Spanish Association of Biomass Energy Potential is currently working on the Expobiomasa 2017 programmeMay, 2017 - In the last week of September, 18,000 professionals from the biomass market are set to meet in Valladolid at the largest specialised international event of the year... » mai mult
- May, 2017 - Countries are not increasing spending fast enough to meet the water and sanitation targets under the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), says a new report published by the World Health Organization (WHO) on behalf of UN-Water... » mai mult
- April, 2017 - Robots that are as simple to operate as smartphones. Machines that learn from their mistakes. Energy systems that are digitally integrated and controlled. And all of it totally human-centered. That`s Industry 4.0... » mai mult
Belgrade hosts sustainable energy and environmental experts - don`t miss RENEXPO Water and Energy in late April!April, 2017 - RENEXPO WATER & ENERGY, the biggest international trade fair and conference program in the region dealing with sustainable energy developments... » mai mult
- March, 2017 - Negotiators of the European Parliament and the Council agreed on a revised energy efficiency label and the relevant regulatory framework. The current A+++ to G labels for products will be replaced by a clear and easier to use A to G labels... » mai mult