Groundbreaking ceremony for the new innovation and production center in Biel
On 8 March 2017 the groundbreaking ceremony of the new innovation and production center of GF Machining Solutions, a division of GF, took place in Bözingenfeld in Biel (Switzerland). The modern facility will be completed by the end of 2018.
On an area of around 24.500 m2, GF Machining Solutions will build a state-of-the-art production plant to manufacture machine tools and spindles. The new facility will include a cutting-edge research & development center as well as a modern application center. The three existing GF Machining Solutions sites Nidau, Ipsach and Luterbach (all in Switzerland) will be concentrated under the roof of the new building, which will provide space for a total of approx. 450 attractive working places. Responsible for the development and construction of the plant is the total services contractor HRS Real Estate AG.
In the presence of Christoph Ammann, member of the government council, Erich Fehr, major of the city of Biel, Martin Kull, CEO and owner of HRS Real Estate AG, and Pascal Boillat, Head of GF Machining Solutions and its management, together with all project participants, celebrated the start of construction in a groundbreaking ceremony.
Yves Serra, CEO of GF, commented on the event: “This substantial investment underscores the commitment of GF to Switzerland as an attractive business location. Besides allowing us to bring together all milling production activities in a state of the art plant, the new facility will provide the most modern innovation environment able to attract the best engineering talents.” Overall, GF is investing about CHF 80 million in the new plant over the next three years.
GF Machining Solutions provides machine tools, automation solutions and customer services for the production of molds, dies and high value-added metal parts. The division has manufacturing facilities in Switzerland, Sweden and China, and serves its customers in more than 50 countries.
Aboneaza-te la newsletter-ul InstalNews
Fii la curent cu toate noutatile, schimbarile, promotiile si evenimentele din lumea instalatiilor.Ma abonez
DIN ACEEASI CATEGORIE
RENEXPO Poland 2017 - the seventh edition of the largest trade fair in Poland devoted to renewable sources of energy is approachingOctober, 2017 - The seventh edition of the RENEXPO® Poland 2017 trade fair will be held between October 25 and 27 in the Warsaw EXPO XXI Center. The event is organized by REECO Poland... » mai mult
- September, 2017 - A major multinational awareness campaign, championing the suitability of plastic pipe systems for subterranean sewer applications, has been launched to inform and inspire the civil engineering and utilities sectors... » mai mult
- September, 2017 - Expobiomasa 2017 is set to bring together over 600 companies from 30 countries in an area of 34,000 m2, 30% more than in the previous edition... » mai mult
- August, 2017 - GF Automotive, a division of GF, announces the acquisition of Eucasting Ro SRL, a high pressure aluminum die casting specialist... » mai mult
- August, 2017 - On September 6th, VdS celebrates the 10th year of its presence in Asia with the “First International Fire Safety and Security Forum in China”... » mai mult
- August, 2017 - An excellent Smart Heating solution: Danfoss Link™ is one of the winners of the German Brand Award 2017. At a gala ceremony at the German Historical Museum in Berlin... » mai mult
- August, 2017 - The broader adoption of electric vehicles, and their charging infrastructure, will represent a boost for European copper material producers and European vehicle manufacturers... » mai mult
Denmark hosts the EUBCE 2018 - 26th European Biomass Conference and Exhibition, from 14 to 18 May 2018August, 2017 - Biomass utilisation for multitude of products continues to grow in the rapidly developing bioeconomy. This growth brings many new challenges... » mai mult
- August, 2017 - Available projects on water management in Montenegro are going to be main subject of the B2B conference on 13th – 14th of September in City of Niksic... » mai mult
- August, 2017 - The Eastern European Hydropower Forum will offer Eastern European Associations and companies their own platform... » mai mult