Water Loss Europe 2017
6-7 September 2017, Park Inn by Radisson, Copenhagen
Supported by the IWA Water Loss Specialist Group, this specialist conference is being organised by the Group`s Northern European representatives and some of the world-leading water loss specialists in Europe. It will consist of a one-day conference on 7 September with presentations on the latest techniques and approaches for managing distribution networks and minimising water loss. The program will provide for discussions with leading experts in Europe as well as delegate participation during the panel sessions.
Located in a prestigious venue in Central Copenhagen, this event will be of interest to all leakage and distribution managers, asset and resource managers and planners working in the water industry as well as organisations involved throughout the water value chain, including; government, water wholesalers and retailers, consultancies, Universities and non-profit organisations.
The conference committee has a real commitment to promoting the awareness and potential career opportunities that managing water loss provides. As such we are aiming to be able to provide sponsorship for several young water professionals.
This is one of a series of seminars and conferences organised by Watercourse Events Ltd. There have been four successful Water Loss UK events in 2005, 2009, 2012 and 2014 to exchange knowledge of water loss management between the UK and the international water community. This 2017 event will bring together the experiences and the challenges of water loss reduction from a wider European perspective.
What is the purpose of the conference?
Delegates to Water Loss Europe 2017 will hear presentations from experts and practitioners on the current and emerging issues that could impact on water loss management in Europe.
The conference on 7th September will update delegates on new developments from IWA and will bring together key speakers from across Europe with the aim of:
• Understanding the drivers for change for water loss management in Europe
• Outlining the work of the IWA Water Loss Specialist Group
• Considering the options for improving the efficiency of leakage control operations using a targeted approach based on better data, economics, practicalities and the need to meet regulatory targets
• Discussing options for regulating water loss management and investment
• Identifying the options for gaining the appropriate Knowledge and Skills
• Making best use of current and emerging technologies
• Gaining a better understanding of the components of Non-revenue water
Pre-conference Workshop, 6th September 2017: Managing Upstream Losses
In conjunction with the Water Loss Europe 2017 Conference, the organisers have arranged a special half-day workshop, sponsored by Echologics, on the subject of applying new technology and process innovation to the water distribution network upstream of district meter areas.
The workshop will include presentations from leading edge technology companies and experts with case study results from the UK and elsewhere in the world.
Post conference study visits, 8th September 2017:
During the day after the conference we hope to provide a choice of technical visits related to the subject with some ‘hands on’ opportunities.
Located in in central Copenhagen, the Park Inn by Radisson Hotel is a prestigious contemporary hotel within close proximity of Copenhagen International Airport.
The Seminar will be held in one of several flexible meeting rooms with an exhibition area in the adjacent atrium.
The Park Inn by Radisson Copenhagen Airport Hotel is just 5 minutes from Kastrup Airport and less than 15 minutes from the city center. With fantastic public transport options, the hotel gives easy access to the airport and the city and its attractions, including Amalienborg Palace, Nyhavn, Tivoli Gardens, the Round Tower (Rundetårn) and Rosenborg Castle.
The hotel offers comfortable, modern accommodation and access to services such as our spacious fitness center, indoor swimming pool, on-site restaurant and lounge bar.
The city’s main international gateway, Kastrup Airport, is situated a 5-minute metro ride away and the nearest metro stop is a 50 meters from the hotel. The metro also connects to the city center, just 7 kilometers away, and alternative public transport options are available at the nearby train station. Those visiting the city by car, can take advantage of free public parking around the hotel or use the hotel’s parking garage.
Femøren metro station – 50 m from the hotel. 2 stops to airport / 6 stops to city center
Copenhagen International Airport - 3 km / 5 min by metro
Copenhagen Central Station - 7 km / 10 – 15 min by car
Aboneaza-te la newsletter-ul InstalNews
Fii la curent cu toate noutatile, schimbarile, promotiile si evenimentele din lumea instalatiilor.Ma abonez
DIN ACEEASI CATEGORIE
- September, 2017 - A major multinational awareness campaign, championing the suitability of plastic pipe systems for subterranean sewer applications, has been launched to inform and inspire the civil engineering and utilities sectors... » mai mult
- September, 2017 - Expobiomasa 2017 is set to bring together over 600 companies from 30 countries in an area of 34,000 m2, 30% more than in the previous edition... » mai mult
- August, 2017 - GF Automotive, a division of GF, announces the acquisition of Eucasting Ro SRL, a high pressure aluminum die casting specialist... » mai mult
- August, 2017 - On September 6th, VdS celebrates the 10th year of its presence in Asia with the “First International Fire Safety and Security Forum in China”... » mai mult
- August, 2017 - An excellent Smart Heating solution: Danfoss Link™ is one of the winners of the German Brand Award 2017. At a gala ceremony at the German Historical Museum in Berlin... » mai mult
- August, 2017 - The broader adoption of electric vehicles, and their charging infrastructure, will represent a boost for European copper material producers and European vehicle manufacturers... » mai mult
Denmark hosts the EUBCE 2018 - 26th European Biomass Conference and Exhibition, from 14 to 18 May 2018August, 2017 - Biomass utilisation for multitude of products continues to grow in the rapidly developing bioeconomy. This growth brings many new challenges... » mai mult
- August, 2017 - Available projects on water management in Montenegro are going to be main subject of the B2B conference on 13th – 14th of September in City of Niksic... » mai mult
- August, 2017 - The Eastern European Hydropower Forum will offer Eastern European Associations and companies their own platform... » mai mult
- July, 2017 - In September 2017, export-oriented companies from the global plastics and rubber industry will be able to explore some interesting markets... » mai mult